The Workers' Advisor Office (WAO) helps workers understand the workers' compensation system. The WAO is independent of the WSCC, and provides a confidential outside-opinion.
The Workers' Advisor helps by:
- Getting information for you from the WSCC;
- Talking to the WSCC about your claim;
- Explaining WSCC processes and decisions;
- Determining if you need more information to support your case;
- Reviewing file evidence;
- Helping to prepare and present your case to reviews and appeals; and
- Helping you, and your family, find community services that you might need.
Northwest Territories and Nunavut ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ
Phone: (867) 920-3006
Toll-Free: 1 866 333-9961
Fax: (867) 669-0995
Office: Unit 206-4817 49th Street, Yellowknife, NT (Bowling Green Building, 2nd Floor)
Mailing Address: PO Box 11014, Panda Centre, 4911 49th Street, Yellowknife, NT X1A 1R0