COVID-19 Update

WSCC’s Yellowknife and Inuvik offices are now open to the public. Our Iqaluit office is currently closed to the public and our employees are working from home. Our services are still available online or on the phone. Visit our COVID-19 page for important service updates, and the COVID-19 Resource page for essential tools for your workplace.

Report an Injury

Report an Injury

If you suffer a workplace injury that requires medical aid, you must report the injury to your Employer and the WSCC.

If you need help filling out the Worker's Report of Injury form please call WSCC at:

NWT Tele-claim: 1-800-661-0792
Nunavut Tele-claim: 1-877-404-4407 

The WSCC collects personal information to administer programs and services related to your claim. For more information please read our Privacy Statement for Workers.
Injury Reporting Process for Workers:
  • Step 1

    Get first aid help if you need it.

  • Step 2

    Tell your employer right away.

  • Step 3

    Go to a health care provider; your employer must provide transportation if you require it. Tell the health care provider that you were hurt at work.

  • Step 4

    Complete and submit a Worker's Report of Injury form as soon as possible.

  • Step 5

    Write down everything that happens.

  • Step 6

    Keep all of your injury-related receipts to qualify for reimbursement.

  • Step 7

    Remind your employer to complete and submit an Employer’s Report of Incident to the WSCC within three days of your incident.

If you need help filling out the Worker's Report of Injury form, please call WSCC at:

NWT Tele-claim: 1-800-661-0792
Nunavut Tele-claim: 1-877-404-4407laim "tele claim" tele claim