COVID-19 Update

All WSCC offices are open with new health and safety measures in place. Clients are encouraged to book an appointment before visiting. Please go to our COVID-19 page for important service updates, and the COVID-19 Resource page for essential tools for your workplace.

How much does my worker receive for their lost wages?

We take a worker’s gross earnings, up to the Year’s Maximum Insurable Remuneration (YMIR), and deduct the equivalent of Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and computed tax payments. We pay 90 percent of that amount. When workers suffer a permanent disability, they receive a lifetime pension. The degree of disability and the worker’s annual income at the time of injury determine their pension amount.