Temporary employers cannot register with the WSCC. An employer is defined as temporary if all five of the following criteria are met (if any one of the below criteria is not met, the employer must register):
- the chief place of business of the person or entity is outside the Northwest Territories (NT) Nunavut (NU);
- the person or entity does not employ persons who are ordinarily resident in NT or NU;
- the person or entity only employs persons whose usual place of employment is outside NT or NU;
- the person or entity carries on business in NT or NU for a total of 10 or fewer days per year;
- the person or entity has workers’ compensation coverage or other similar coverage under the law of another jurisdiction that extends to events that occur in NT or NU.