COVID-19 Update

WSCC’s Iqaluit and Inuvik offices are now open to the public. The Yellowknife office will re-open following necessary safety changes to our office space. Visit our COVID-19 page for important service updates, and the COVID-19 Resource page for essential tools for your workplace.

Am I eligible for compensation benefits if I get hurt working outside of the Northwest Territories or Nunavut?


If you’re working for a company operating in the Northwest Territories or Nunavut and they send you to work outside of either territory for a period less than six months, you can apply for compensation benefits.

Depending on the territory or province where the incident takes place, you can choose to claim compensation under that territory or province, or in the Northwest Territories or Nunavut. This is called the Right of Election.